Thursday, January 7, 2016

Portugal Dessert Night!

Bom dia! So much has happened in the last couple months! I was able to attend Organic Outreach in Monterey, Ca and have been able to meet with many amazing people! Yesterday I had the opportunity to Skype with a couple of the missionaries I will be working with in Portugal! I was able to gain new insight about ministries currently going on at Norte Verdadeiro (True North in English, the church plant in Braga, Portugal) and I was able to gain more insight about what my first 4 years in Portugal will look like! I am more excited than ever to get to Portugal and to begin language study and ministry to the university students! If you would like to hear about what ministries are currently going on at Norte Verdadeiro, how I will fit into the mix, and what my time in Portugal will look like, then I would like to invite you to my event on January 16 at 6:30pm, at Cypress Community Church, Portuguese Dessert Night. At the Portuguese Dessert Night you will have the opportunity to eat yummy Portuguese treats like arroz doce, salame de chocolate, and the very special pastéis de natas; listen to amazing Portuguese Fado sung by some great fadistas; and most importantly you will get to hear about God’s ministry to university students in Braga, Portugal. This is also a great event to invite your friends or small group. 

This month I also have some big goals ahead of me!! I am currently trying to get to Pre-Departure Orientation (PDO) in February. To get to PDO I need to be at 60% of my support, I am currently at 41% of my monthly support support, which makes me about 19% ($780 in monthly support) from my goal. This goal is very attainable! If you would like to be one of the new supporters to help me reach my goal or would like more information please contact me, serving.in.portugal@gmail.com! If I go to PDO in February then I can leave for Portugal anytime after that (as long as I am at 100% of my support). However, if I don’t go in February then I have to wait until June for PDO and I won’t be able to leave for Portugal until after that. I would love to be in Portugal as soon as possible so that I can get situated before diving into intensive language classes over the summer! 


Don’t forget to mark your calendars for January 16 at 6:30pm!! It will be a great event to learn more about God’s ministry in Portugal!!! Please let me know that you would like to come (so I can make sure we have enough yummy desserts!) serving.in.portugal@gmail.com

Blessings,
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment